Sunday, November 24, 2013

For the first time in a long time, I almost cried. I was giving the lesson in church, and i had to fight back tears. I can remember the last time i cried, I was twelve. I promised myself i would never cry again. The image I make for myself is a tough kid between hunting, rugby, wrestling and working on cars. Crying is not in my vocabulary. But today in class when I tried to talk I couldn't my throat swelled and my eyes went dry. Then I felt my eyes start to get wet as I tried to finish my lesson. I said amen. I looked at the ground and tried to play like it didn't affect me. I tried to play it as a tough kid that everyone in my ward knows me as.

2 comments:

  1. It probably had a super impacting reaction on the class then. Imagine, the toughest kid on the block choked up on a lesson he's teaching must mean there is something insanely deep and profound about the lesson.

    Heck, if you taught me, I would have my eyes glued, making sure I didn't miss anything.

    Grand Slam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't cried in over a year, sometimes I miss it, other times I forget about it.

    You know? Oh well. Dope blog dude.

    ReplyDelete